Today I was trying some local snacks and this is what I made. I always prefer preparing recipes which take less than an hour. So this snack is going to take less than 40 minutes of preparation time.
- One bowl soaked rice (soak for at least 4-6 hours)
- Half bowl sugar
- 4 tablespoons ghee or oil
- Dry fruits for garnish
- 2 powdered elachi for flavor
Soak rice a night before so that you don’t have to wait for preparation.
- Separate water from rice and grind them until you get soft flour
- Fry dry fruits in ghee until you get brown color and place them aside
- In a separate pan add half bowl sugar and one bowl water
- Put them on the stove and stir until you get syrup (usually 5-10 mins are enough for the bowl which I used in picture)
- Turn off the stove and quickly add powdered rice to it. Stir continuously to create consistency
- Add fried dry fruits to it
- Add powdered elachi for flavor
That’s it you’re done. It took approximately 20 minutes for preparation as I have soaked rice a night before.
This is one of my favorite snacks. As per my experience do not eat too much of it as it is made of rice. Calorie counters please check carbohydrates in this recipe before you try 😜
What’s your favorite snack? Did you like the one I shared? Waiting for your response ❤